Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I secure my Netgear wireless router?

I have a wireless N router and I think my neighbors are using my internet because it is suddenly running very slow and we have broadband. I need step by step directions on how to secure my rounter.

Please Note:

I do not have the software disk for my router.How do I secure my Netgear wireless router?
Login to your router and do the following:



Setup a WPA passphrase. You have 2 options for WPA: WPA with TKIP and WPA with AES. AES is the best type of encryption.How do I secure my Netgear wireless router?
You can dowload the software from the Netgrear web site. Delete you current software by going to Control Panel and Add Remove Programs. Install it again and you will reach a step to add security. Choose WEP. You will need to create a useid and pass word.
mine is password-protected



with 11 computers, it does not slow down at all.

铮匡?铮?br>


it might be your ISP
Please take a look here, I think it has everything u need



http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files



I suggest using password and an access list

No comments:

Post a Comment