Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do i connect my computer to router WITHOUT running wires everywhere?

Ok here's the situation:



I have 1 computer downstairs connected to the router directly. My computer is the furthest room away and i want to connect to wired connection for faster internet. Is there a way of connecting my computer to router without running cables all the way to it? My internet isn't brilliantly fast but i think it could be improved by wired instead of wireless which is what it is on at the moment.How do i connect my computer to router WITHOUT running wires everywhere?
Its actually very easy. All you need is a pair of Powerline Adapters which use the electric wiring to send the LAN signals around the wires in your home. You plug 1 adapter into the mains and connect the Ethernet cable from the adapter to a spare port on your router. The other adapter, you plug into a mains socket in another room and use an Ethernet cable to connect that to the LAN port on your computer. Job done - quick wired connection, and cheap. The link below is just 1 of many examples.How do i connect my computer to router WITHOUT running wires everywhere?
If I understand your question you want to have a wired connection without wires. This is a physical imposibility. If you want a wired connection you run wires.



You can run fiber instead of copper wires but that is probably overkill and more expensive.



If you can describe how to run a wired network without wires, I would love to know how it is done.
There are some solutions to this, including a system which uses the electrical wiring in your house to transfer data. Dabs has one, made by dlink called the powerline (DHP-301), which has a claimed speed of 200Mbits/sec
  • curly hair styles
  • why does my computer eyes hade crash
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment