Sunday, December 11, 2011

How do I reconnect to my wireless router?

I have two PCs in my house. The main computer I use is hooked up to the other computer, and this morning I am getting a message that my security key is incorrect. Nothing happened overnight, no one messed with the router at all. Why would this be asking for this? I re-entered the key in and it is saying it is invalid. I really don't want to reset the router unless I absolutely have to. Thanks for any input.How do I reconnect to my wireless router?
Tap into your routers config and double check to see if the key has somehow changed.



Open up internet explorer and in the address bar type



192.168.1.1



defaut

user name: admin

password : admin



Navigate to your wifi connections and check the key against the one that you currently have on file so be sure that they match.



If not then reboot the modem and router...router first....tab the reset button once (don't hold it) and then hold the modem reset in for 30 seconds.



Alot of times after a storm my router kicks off and I have to reboot everything to get it to work right.



Else you can manually reset your ip



click in start %26lt; all programs %26gt; accessories %26gt; MS-DOS prompt



type:



ipconfig /release (tap enter)



then type



ipconfig /renew (tap enter)



X out of MS-Dos



And see if you can now gain access..those are the tech resolutions that your cable company will give you for a quick fix.How do I reconnect to my wireless router?
Your security key shouldn't change unless someone changed it. Is it possible your CAPS lock was on????
Sometimes keys need to be reissued

No comments:

Post a Comment